Major stable releases:
- Variable time step
- The pre-processing and the GAMS file have been update to handle different time steps (not only one hour)
- This is currently restricted to three time steps: 15min, 1h, 24h
- The input data whose time step is lower than the desired one is averaged
- Mid-term scheduling
- The yearly storage level profiles can now be calculated internally (i.e. without providing exogenous profiles).
- A first, simplified version of dispa-set is run over a whole year to generate these profiles during the pre-processing phase
- This option is activated in the config file and is transparent for the user.
- Flexible Demand:
- To model demand-side management, it is now possible to define a share of the demand curve as “flexible”
- In this flexible demand, the load can be shifted from one hour to the other
- The maximum flexibility is characterized by the equivalent number of storage hours for the shifted load, which is defined as parameter in the configuration file.
- Power-to-heat units
- P2HT units (heat pumps, electrical heater) have now been added
- They are coupled to a heat demand and possibly to a thermal storage capacity
- COP can be defined as temperature-dependent. An additional input with temperature times for each zone has been defined.
- Transmission prices have been added to the pre-processing and can now be fully parametrized
- Fuel Prices can now be country-specific
- Input data in the csv files can now be defined with time stamps from any year or with a numerical index
- Improved dispatch plot with shifted, shed loads and electricity consumption from P2HT units
- Storage levels are now differentiated by technology
- Multiple bug fixes, code improvement and usability improvement.
- All config files and the example scripts have been checked and cleaned
- New formulation of the clustering function with significant simulation time improvements
- The Pyomo version of Dispa-SET has now been removed since it was no longer up-to-date
- The end-of horizon reservoir level is no longer a firm constraint. A water value can be defined to impose a price on the unmet level requirements.
- Excel configuration files are now subject to versioning, which ensures backward compatibility with older configuration files.
- Countries are now renamed into “zones” in all API functions.
- The option to cache csv file data when loading has been removed
- Implemented a more robust versioning system
- Input Data:
- A complete EU dataset has been included to the repository for the year 2016.
- More information: Dispa-SET for the EU28.
- Reformulation of the reserve constraints:
- Secondary reserves are now covered by spinning units only.
- Tertirary reserves can also be covered by quick start units.
- In total, three different reserve markets are now considered: Secondary up; Secondary down; and Tertiary up
- Implementation of a new formulation (integer clustering) for power plant related constraints. This formulation divides the simulation time by a factor higher than 10 and allows extending the geographical scope of Dispa-SET. There are now four standard model formulations, which can be run with the same input data:
- Standard formulation: low capacity or highly flexible units are merged
- No clustring: all units are considered individually
- LP clustering: all units are aggregated by technology and binary constraints are removed
- Integer clustering: a representative unit is considered for each technology and multiplied N times.
- Improved pre-processing:
- Improved log message during input data checks
- New config files to test the different clustering methods
- Added functions to perform parametric studies
- Example scripts for Monte Carlo analyses using lating hypercube samplings
- Improved post-processing:
- Netting interconnections in dispatch plots
- New colour palette and polished dispatch plot
- New fuels included
- Improved representation of curtailment
- External dependencies:
- Removed pre-compiled libraries for unix systems
- Use of the low-level GAMS API (https://github.com/kavvkon/gams-api)
- Python 3.7:
- Dispa-SET now runs exclusively on Python 3.7.
- The compatibility with previous Python versions (2.7, 3.6) is not guaranteed anymore.
- Unit tests on travis (https://travis-ci.org/energy-modelling-toolkit/Dispa-SET)
- Bug fixes
- Inclusion of CHP, power2heat and thermal storage (these new features can be tested by running the config file for Cyprus: ‘ConfigFiles/ConfigCY.xlsx’)
- Bug fixes
- Improved user interface
- Major refactoring of the folder structure
- New data included in the database
- Inclusion of the LP formulation (in addition to the MILP)
First public version of the Dispa-SET model.