Major stable releases:
- Input Data:
- A complete EU dataset has been included to the repository for the year 2016.
- More information: Dispa-SET for the EU28.
- Reformulation of the reserve constraints:
- Secondary reserves are now covered by spinning units only.
- Tertirary reserves can also be covered by quick start units.
- In total, three different reserve markets are now considered: Secondary up; Secondary down; and Tertiary up
- Implementation of a new formulation (integer clustering) for power plant related constraints. This formulation divides the simulation time by a factor higher than 10 and allows extending the geographical scope of Dispa-SET. There are now four standard model formulations, which can be run with the same input data:
- Standard formulation: low capacity or highly flexible units are merged
- No clustring: all units are considered individually
- LP clustering: all units are aggregated by technology and binary constraints are removed
- Integer clustering: a representative unit is considered for each technology and multiplied N times.
- Improved pre-processing:
- Improved log message during input data checks
- New config files to test the different clustering methods
- Added functions to perform parametric studies
- Example scripts for Monte Carlo analyses using lating hypercube samplings
- Improved post-processing:
- Netting interconnections in dispatch plots
- New colour palette and polished dispatch plot
- New fuels included
- Improved representation of curtailment
- External dependencies:
- Removed pre-compiled libraries for unix systems
- Use of the low-level GAMS API (https://github.com/kavvkon/gams-api)
- Python 3.7:
- Dispa-SET now runs exclusively on Python 3.7.
- The compatibility with previous Python versions (2.7, 3.6) is not guaranteed anymore.
- Unit tests on travis (https://travis-ci.org/energy-modelling-toolkit/Dispa-SET)
- Bug fixes
- Inclusion of CHP, power2heat and thermal storage (these new features can be tested by running the config file for Cyprus: ‘ConfigFiles/ConfigCY.xlsx’)
- Bug fixes
- Improved user interface
- Major refactoring of the folder structure
- New data included in the database
- Inclusion of the LP formulation (in addition to the MILP)
First public version of the Dispa-SET model.